Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WhatÂ’s your BCS Bowl predictions?

Rivals.com is predicting the following:
    BCS Title Game: Ohio State vs. LSU
    Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
    Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas
    Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Hawaii
    Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
    ASU and Missouri would be passed up by a three loss team. However, I can understand the Rose Bowl trying to push for a PAC 10 BIG 10 match up.

ChumpChange
    Just Announced. LSU is #2 in the Coaches which will mean a near lock for the Championship game against OSU.

ChumpChange
    That was announced hours ago, much to my dismay. How do they jump Georgia?
    How can Georgia, part of the SEC, be ahead of the team that wins the SEC? I think that was the justification.

ChumpChange
    Well, then don't start patting every team on the back when they beat the #2 Georgia Bulldogs if they aren't really the #2 team in the country. You see what I'm saying. Artificially high rankings only helped LSU jump up.
    As a season in whole, I don't thing Georgia should have been number two but they had to go somewhere when all the teams ahead of them kept losing. It just goes to show you that the Coaches are trying to get the best match-ups possible, otherwise, they would have never had LS jump Georgia.

ChumpChange
    Although I will say that Georgia as of now should be #2 as they are on fuego.

Illinois is outside the top 12, I can't see them getting a BCS bid. There's already going to be one, possibly two teams in the top 12 that don't get bids. Plus, I don't agree with their matchups.
    The Rose Bowl cannot push for a matchup, it must be BCS vs. BCS.
    I am not sure exactly how it works now with the changes but the Rose Bowl in the past use to pick the second place team in the PAC 10 or BIG 10 to play if their first pick went to the BCS Title game.

All four major bowls are merely BCS vs BCS matchups. I believe you must finish in the top 12 in the BCS to even be considered for a BCS bowl.
    If I remember right I think they were going to push that out to the top 16 teams.

Havasu1986
    Illinois is outside the top 12, I can't see them getting a BCS bid. There's already going to be one, possibly two teams in the top 12 that don't get bids. Plus, I don't agree with their matchups.
    The Rose Bowl cannot push for a matchup, it must be BCS vs. BCS.
    Blew that one Jon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12